Why Supplication is not Being Answered:
There are some reasons that why your supplications are not fulfilled /answered.
Allah Almighty has given his creatures the gift of asking for Duas and ibadahs. Supplication can be asked unconditionally and with sincerity and purity directly to Allah.
Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qura’n: “When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me.” (Qura’n, 2:186). From the above verse of Holy Quran, it is concluded that Allah Almighty listens to us when we make Dua. We should always seek help from Allah (SWT).
Why Dua is not Accepted:
According to the Qura’n and hadith, here are twenty major reasons why your Invocation (Dua) is not being answered or fulfilled which we will discuss below:
- You have faith in Allah Almighty but do not pray to him.
- You recite the Qura’n but do not follow its commandments.
- You claim to be respecting the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) & his holy siblings though you do not obey them.
- You claim to devil is your enemy and hate him but follow his path.
- You claim that you love the heaven but your deeds are against it.
- You claim to hate the hell fire but put your bodies in to it due to your bad deeds.
- You do not observe your sins but always keep busy to finding others sins.
- You claim that this world is not permanent but other way you collect the wealth and have interest in it.
- You claim that death is reality but you do not prepare yourself for it.
- You do buried your dead ones but do not get the lesson from it.
- The most important condition without which any Dua will not be accepted is to ask from someone else other than Allah Almighty. One should call upon no one except Allah. The Prophet (SAW) said: “If you ask, then ask of Allah, and if you seek help, then seek the help of ”(Tirmidhi)
- We are in a hurry while making Dua. We should always take our time in making supplication. By rushing in while making dua we might be missing expressing gratitude for what we already have. Remember to send gratitude to Allah Almighty, praising Him and let send Salat (Durood) on the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and then make invocation.
- Our sins might be the major reason why our Duas are unanswered. Allah Says: “Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance, and give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.” (Quran, 71:10-12)
- Don’t make half-hearted Supplications. Make your Duas with confidence that Allah will grant them. Especially if you’re asking for something good and beneficial.
- We remember Allah Almighty in times of hardships but fail to remember Him at times of Happiness. Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “Whoever would be pleased to have Allah respond to him during hardship and disaster should make much Dua in times of ease.” (Tirmidhi)
- You are not praying with sincerity by demonstrating negligence then Allah Almighty will not answer your Supplications.
- One of the major reasons why our invocations are not fulfilled or unanswered is we are earning and consuming Haram wealth.
- Being uncertain while making Dua or being unsure of the Dua (or its reward) being accepted or not.
- A person’s supplication will be answered so long as he does not pray for something sinful or for the breaking of family ties.” (Muslim)
- If one asks for something good and lawful, Allah will give him/her one of three things:
- Allah will give the believer what he/she has supplicated for.
- If what the believer is asking is not good or harmful for the believer in this world, Allah will store it for him for the world of the Hereafter.
- If what the believer is asking is not good or harmful for the believer in this world, Allah will turn away from the believer an equivalent amount of evil.
In conclusion, Supplication is the best source to get connect with our creator Allah. So we must have faith in Allah Almighty while pray. We must remember the above mentioned points when our supplications are not being fulfilled by Allah.
Some points have taken from the quranreading.com.